Invisalign is an invisible teeth straightening system. If you have crooked teeth you will need to wear braces to get them straightened out. Traditionally, these braces are a set of silver steel and wires that are attached to your teeth and tightened every few months, gradually putting teeth in the correct position. Invisalign does the same thing but instead of having unsightly braces on you have clear trays that no one can see.
Invisalign comes with many advantages:
• It helps people straighten out their teeth without feeling self conscious. This is a great development because in the past adults avoided braces because it made social and professional situations awkward. Now both adults and children alike can go through the process of teeth straightening without having to feel bad about it.
• Invisalign will get you results faster than braces. Your dentist will create new trays for you every couple of weeks and you start to see results in about 2 or 3 months. The whole process usually takes between 16 and 18 months for the average person.
• You are able to see exactly what your teeth will look like even before you start wearing your trays. At the beginning of your treatment a computer will take a 3D image of your teeth and then manipulate them so that you can see the end result.
• Reno NV Invisalign is far more comfortable than braces. Every time braces are tightened the wearer is in pain for a few days but with Invisalign even with smaller and smaller trays there is no discomfort.
• Metal braces have little bits of wire sticking out and people have reported accidents. With Invisalign, however there is no risk that you will get hurt since you wear smooth trays.
• Invisalign trays are easy to clean – you get a cleaning kit, but you can also use warm water.
• You can take out your trays at any time. That said, for them to work you have to wear them for at least 22 hours a day for the entire duration.
• Parents can now buy Invisalign Teens which allows you to get up to 6 replacement trays in case of loss or damage.
• People with metal allergies don’t have to worry about Invisalign braces – they are safe and made out of FDA approved materials.
Are there any cons to Invisalign?
Yes, there are a few. The first one is that you cannot eat with your aligners on. The other thing that people frequently complain about is the fact that you have to cooperate very strictly with the dentist’s instructions – if you don’t wear your trays for 22 hours every day you will not see any changes. There is also the problem of cost – Invisalign aligners are much more expensive than braces. You can expect to pay anything from $5,000 to $10,000 while braces only cost about $1,500. Also, the fact that you have to change trays every 2 weeks bothers some people. Otherwise, Invisalign is the perfect teeth straightening solution.